Account Associate | Boston or Chicago
Are you someone who loves bringing stories to life? Tier One Partners is seeking a creative, highly motivated Account Associate to join our team.
This position plays a key role in supporting the public relations, content and social media goals of our diverse client base. Our ideal candidate has 1-2 years of experience in a Public Relations role and is capable of providing outstanding client service, media relations, content creation and other duties required to support our award-winning public relations campaigns.
A successful team member in this role will:
- Develop a forward-looking and holistic view of how their role contributes to the overall success of the account team and is able to anticipate next steps in order to proactively move projects forward.
- Approach team members with ideas on how to take projects to the next level.
- Increase their contribution to media pitching and developing written content.
- Build confidence in order to become a vocal and trusted member of the team for peers and clients.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate a commitment to securing results for clients.
- Support activities for assigned accounts and ensure deadlines are met; produce high-quality work that aligns with agency/client goals.
- Assist team in coverage scanning and compiling client measurement reports.
- Participate in internal account brainstorming meetings.
- Effectively manage up to supervisors: keep the team informed about progress against goals, anticipate and execute next steps.
- Take ownership of assigned responsibilities on deadlines and maintain a consistently high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of a client’s industry and business.
- Participate in regular client meetings; with the direction of supervisor, provide appropriate information to clients.
- Support account research projects, such as media list development; editorial and speaking calendar research and tracking.
- Begin honing media pitching skills (including brainstorming story angles, drafting pitching, making email and phone outreach to reporters) with support from more senior team members.
- Participate in the creation of story ideas and interview opportunities for trade, online and business press.
- Conduct daily social listening; identify news that informs the program and bring to team’s attention.
- Play role in drafting and editing of certain materials (advisories, press releases, pitches, speaking abstracts, social content).
Tier One Partners is an award-winning, boutique public relations, content and social media agency with hubs in Boston and Chicago. Our team is comprised of optimistic, persistent and creative problem solvers and captivating storytellers who deliver outstanding PR support to our diverse B2B and B2C client base. We offer this outstanding team a collaborative environment that focuses on being indispensable to our clients and each other.
Tier One Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering diversity and inclusion.
If you’re interested in this position, please send your resume to Jennifer Thibeault at firstname.lastname@example.org.