We’re seeking a talented, creative Chicago-based Graphic Design Intern to join our growing Content Studio. The ideal candidate is a driven visual storyteller who demonstrates strong design instincts in print and digital mediums. They have an eye for design and a passion for innovative, engaging visual solutions.
The Graphic Design Intern will work closely with the Creative and Content teams on projects including, but not limited to, social media graphics, infographics, eBooks, presentation decks, animations, video editing, and web design projects.
This is a paid, hourly position for a recent graduate looking to bolster their design experience in the content marketing field.
Desired skills and experience:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in graphic design or other related field of study
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, or Premiere
- Comprehensive understanding of design fundamentals, including, but not limited, to hierarchy, typography, composition, and color
- Ability to interpret brand guidelines and understanding of the important role visuals play in storytelling
- Familiarity with animation and video editing
- Experience with front-end web development, web design, website creation/management, and/or working in HubSpot a plus
- Understanding of Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint)and Google Suite templates a plus
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently on projects
- A fast learner and someone who takes an initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively in a hybrid work environment
- Detail oriented, out-of-the-box thinker
- Must be able to commute into our office in the Loop at least 2 days a week
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide graphic support for Tier One’s social media and website
- Bring new ideas to the table and help present Tier One materials in a visually-compelling way
- Assist with updated branding of internal/external facing collateral (both print and digital)
- Support client work and new business opportunities as needed
About the Job:
- Full time opportunity (40 hours per week); hybrid work environment with our office located in the Loop
- Opportunity to conceptualize and create projects from start to finish
- Potential to advance to a full-time role
Tier One Partners is a fast growing, 19-year old boutique public relations/digital/content communications firm. With hubs in Boston and Chicago and associates throughout the United States, Tier One works with leading companies in the high technology, consumer technology, financial services, digital health, and clean energy industries.
Tier One Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering diversity and inclusion.
Please send resume and portfolio/work samples to Jennifer Thibeault at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without a portfolio/work samples will not be considered.
Tier One Partners LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.